Post-Secondary Student Support Program (PSSSP)
The Post-Secondary Student Support Program (PSSSP) provides financial assistance to eligible students towards the cost of their post-secondary education. Subject to the continuation of the BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres (BCAAFC) service contract with the Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- Northwest Territory or Nunavut Inuit students who have been residing in British Columbia for 12 consecutive months; or
- Status Indian students who are affiliated with a BC First Nation as indicated on Status Card but do not have Band membership; or
- British Columbia registered members who do not have Band membership or an affiliation with a Band (BC General List)
Applications for financial assistance received by the Post-Secondary Student Assistance Program Coordinator must include:
- Completed signed Application Form (ensure all four pages are fully completed);
- Documentary proof that the candidate is a Registered Indian from one of the categories listed above (i.e. status card)
- Verification of Dependants claimed (i.e. birth certificate)
- Course outlines and approximate fees for Post-Secondary program in which the student has applied;
- Proof of Acceptance or Conditional Acceptance into a Post-Secondary program of studies (must be an Accredited Program at an Accredited Institution).
WHERE TO SEND APPLICATIONS AND MAKE INQUIRIES:
Jamin Zuroski, Education Coordinator
Phone: (250) 388-5522 Toll Free: (800) 990-2432
Fax: (250) 388-5502