Post-Secondary Student Support Program (PSSSP)
The Post-Secondary Student Support Program (PSSSP) provides financial assistance to eligible students towards the cost of their post-secondary education. Subject to the continuation of the BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres (BCAAFC) service contract with the Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- Northwest Territory or Nunavut Inuit students who have been residing in British Columbia for 12 consecutive months; or
- Status Indian students who are affiliated with a BC First Nation as indicated on Status Card but do not have Band membership; or
- British Columbia registered members who do not have Band membership or an affiliation with a Band (BC General List)
Applications for financial assistance received by the Post-Secondary Student Assistance Program Coordinator must include:
- Completed signed Application Form (ensure all four pages are fully completed);
- Documentary proof that the candidate is a Registered Indian from one of the categories listed above (i.e. status card)
- Verification of Dependants claimed (i.e. birth certificate)
- Course outlines and approximate fees for Post-Secondary program in which the student has applied;
- Proof of Acceptance or Conditional Acceptance into a Post-Secondary program of studies (must be an Accredited Program at an Accredited Institution).
To find additional bursaries, consider using the Indigenous Bursary Search Tool.
WHERE TO SEND APPLICATIONS AND MAKE INQUIRIES:
Jamin Zuroski, Education Coordinator
Phone: (250) 388-5522 Toll Free: (800) 990-2432
Fax: (250) 388-5502